Eight-year-old Brian Shaw is an interesting boy with big plans for the future and plenty he wants to do right now, too- just like every other kid his age. What’s a little different for Brian, though, is that before he can conquer the world, he has to defeat leukemia pre-B ALL. Brian is one of this year’s ambassadors for Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer (WOKC), and we recently had the opportunity to ask him some questions about his likes, dislikes and plans for the future.
Want to know the answers to the big questions? Here’s Brian’s list:
- What’s your favorite color? Red
- Who is your favorite cartoon character? Leonardo, from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- What’s your favorite movie? Transformers: Age of Extinction
- What’s your favorite food? Chicken Katsu
- What’s your favorite dessert? Popsicles
- What is your favorite animal? Peregrine
- Who is your favorite superhero? Black Panther
- What’s your favorite game? Football
- What do you want to be when you grow up? An oncologist
- What one thing would you want in the whole wide world? To find a cure for cancer
- What will the world look like in 2030? Lots of technology
- What makes you happy? Family and friends
- What is one thing you want to learn how to do? Play a musical instrument
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? A Cheetah, because they are super-fast!
- If you were president, what would you do first? Protect people from wars
- If you were in a talent show, what would your talent be? To make people laugh
- Anything special you’d like to share about yourself? I have published two e-books called “Jake Lake” on Smashwords
We think Brian is a very special kid, and we want to help him and other special kids battling childhood cancer to have a long, bright and productive future. More than anything, we want to raise funds for cancer research so that in the future all children can have a chance to live their life cancer free. To further those goals, WOKC supports kids with cancer and raises money to help further research that will eradicate children’s cancers in the near future. We also hold special events throughout the year to honor ambassadors and their families, hoping to give these kids a chance to forget about their illnesses and just enjoy being kids. By so doing, WOKC offers families a chance to meet others in a similar situation, so that they can support each other.
You can be a part of this by donating or running in the Spooktacular Sprint for the Children on October 22, 2016, at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie. This is our 31st Annual Run for the Children, and this year we’re excited about its new, fun look and feel! You can walk or run, and there will be a costume contest and an on-site post-race party. Best of all, all proceeds benefit Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer, to raise awareness and fund childhood cancer research. Register now to join the fight against childhood cancer. And while you’re at it, follow us online on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube to keep up with our latest news and events and how you can make a difference in providing hope and support to children with cancer.