Jaden Charles Lowery is 7 years old, and he loves to watch his favorite heroes battle the bad guys! Jaden has some experience in fighting for his life, as he’s spent too much of his young life battling B-Cell Lymphoma. At WOKC, we don’t think that’s fair! We’re working for a world where children are cancer-free, but while we’re waiting, we like to take every opportunity to hear what these young heroes fighting cancer are thinking about. We recently sat down with Jaden and took down some of his thoughts.
- What’s your favorite color? Yellow
- Who is your favorite cartoon character? Ninja Turtles
- What’s your favorite movie? Batman vs. Superman
- What’s your favorite food? Pepperoni Pizza
- What’s your favorite dessert? Vanilla ice cream with sprinkles
- What is your favorite animal? Dog
- Who is your favorite superhero? Superman
- What’s your favorite game? BeanBoozled
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A surgeon
- What one thing would you want in the whole wide world? All my family to take a vacation together
- What will the world look like in 2030? A young man named Jaden Lowery will be known throughout the world.
- What makes you happy? Helping others and dancing
- What is one thing you want to learn how to do? Fly a plane
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? A bird, so I could fly
- If you were president, what would you do first? Make sure everyone has a place to live and money to buy things
- If you were in a talent show, what would your talent be? Dancing
- Anything special you’d like to share about yourself? I am thankful for Cook Children’s for helping me through my cancer treatment
We can’t wait to learn what Jaden will be known for throughout the world in 2030! At WOKC, we dream of a world where all kids get to reach their full potential after a childhood spent healthy, happy and strong, free from childhood cancer. That’s why WOKC raises money to help further research that will eradicate cancer in children in the near future, and it’s also why we also hold special events throughout the year to honor ambassadors and their families. In addition to helping fight disease, we also want to give these kids a chance to forget about their illness and just enjoy being kids. Through these events, we offer families the chance to meet others in a similar situation so that they can support each other.
You can be a part of this by donating or running in the Spooktacular Sprint for the Children on October 22, 2016, at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie. This is our 31st Annual Run for the Children, and this year we’re excited about its new, fun look and feel! You can walk or run, and there will be a costume contest and an on-site post-race party. Best of all, all proceeds benefit Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer to raise awareness and fund childhood cancer research. Register now to join the fight against childhood cancer. And while you’re at it, follow us online on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube to keep up with our latest news and events and how you can make a difference in providing hope and support to children with cancer.